Friday, May 17, 2013

Kenya - an overdue update.

Helping to eliminate youth homelessness in the United States is something that Responsible Referrals was designed to do through monetary donations.  But this is not just an American issue. 

I was introduced to Davies Okombo of Kisumu, Kenya through a good friend and youth advocate a few years ago.  Davies and I have stayed in touch and I am inspired to watch how he has dedicated his life to work on behalf of the children in his care. 

A couple of days ago, I saw the UCDP Facebook posting informing me that there were New YouTube Videos from UCDP.  I watched.  And I remembered. Globally, we're all the same. The kids in these videos from a continent over 8,000 miles from Minnesota look and act just like the kids in the school across the street.  They're beautiful.  And they too, could use a little help.




If you take the time to watch and if you feel called to help, let me know.  Donations are more than welcome and I'll cover the cost of the wire!

Asante!
m



Kenya - Kindergarten (2:11) - Adorable!  Learning English - Remember when you learned the ABC's?

Children's Rights Day, 2012 (5:32) - "The Right to be Loved".  "The Right to an Education".  Worldwide!

UCDP You Tube (9:32) - Davies Okombo talks about the goals, aspirations and the four areas where this grass roots organization is heavily involved in helping the disadvantaged young in Kenya.

1 comment: